Leadership Team Application
Calling all leaders!
Young Americans for Liberty (YAL) seeks to identify and develop dedicated students and young professionals who want to advance freedom in a meaningful way. If you want to take on a greater role in the liberty movement, increase your responsibilities, and commit a significant amount of time to our cause, then please apply for a position on YAL's Leadership Team below.
As a Leadership Team member, you will:
- Participate in YAL strategy and the decision-making process
- Lead your state or region as an official representative of YAL
- Earn money for your hard work to advance liberty
- Receive an official YAL email account and business cards to distribute
- Expand your personal network within the liberty movement
- Develop your leadership skills and gain grassroots experience
- Build your resume for future employment
Qualified YAL members who are accepted to the Leadership Team will be assigned a State Chair position based on their unique skills and experience. Each position's term lasts for only one semester, but oftentimes State Chairs are offered the chance to return, assuming they serve admirably and productively.
YAL's Leadership Team is headed by our five Regional Directors:
- Central — Lauren Evans
- Midwest — Creighton Harrington
- Northeast — Brandon Cestrone
- Southeast — Joshua Parrish
- West — Ryan Michie
Regional Directors work, communicate, and support the national network of State Chairs, chapter leaders, and YAL members. If you are approved to join YAL's Leadership Team as a State Chair, your Regional Director will contact you soon with more information.
Reporting directly to one of the five Regional Directors, State Chairs operate in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. At least one State Chair is assigned to a state. Qualified teams of State Chairs will organize and manage state-wide activities. Teams of State Chairs will work together to support YAL's network.
The main responsibilities of each State Chair are to:
- Recruit new YAL members
- Start new YAL chapters
- Foster chapters' activism within the state
- Organize YAL State Conventions
State Chairs are identified leaders who have proven themselves on campus or in the field; approximately five hours of work each week can be expected.
State Chairs can earn significant money for their work -- up to $4,000 if he or she starts 10 YAL chapters in a semester. Here is a breakdown of the incentive structure:
- $250 bonus for every active chapter you personally help start
- $500 bonus if you start 5 active chapters in a semester
- $1,000 bonus if you start 10 active chapters in a semester
- $50 bonus for any new Leadership Team referral who is hired
- $20 for every person you recruit to attend a YAL State Convention
Fill out my online form.