K-State Loves Free Markets!
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
As a part of our Free Markets 101 activities and to help generate some attention during tabling Kansas State YAL members used our creativity to make economics-themed Valentine's Day cards.
The cards were a hit and over 100 were handed out during the week. Of the people visiting the table over 30 signed up to be added to our list-serv and about a dozen expressed interest in attending a future meeting. Each card had meeting information written on the back to remind them when and where to find us.
Some examples of messages included:
- In a market free of artificial distortions, I would choose you.
- Your heart is my gold standard.
- My love for you is greater than the national debt.
- Unlike fiat money, you're worth something to me.
- Love me and I'll never be manipulative or price-controlling.
- ...and many more!
"We are very happy with the response to the valentines. It was fun coming up with the messages and making the cards. I am excited to see the effects of our members' effort at the next meeting." said KSU YAL Vice President Ian Unruh.