Headline Roundup (6/22/10)
Jun 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM
In the news:
- Thomas Sowell: Has tyranny come to America?
- Too soon? Road built with stimulus funds named "President Barack Obama Parkway."
- Fired? Gen. Stanley McChrystal summoned to Washington to explain anti-administration comments.
- Your taxes at work: U.S. funding of a massive protection racket in Afghanistan indirectly pays tens of millions of dollars to warloards, corrupt public officials, and even the Taliban itself.
- A Tale of Two Disasters: "Bush was blamed for local failures after Katrina. Obama got a free ride for weeks as federal failures mounted during the Gulf spill."
- Why won't Obama waive the Jones Act?
- Apple collecting, sharing iPhone users' precise locations.
- Elena Kagan says the Bork hearings were the best thing to ever happen to Constitutional Democracy.
- Gun Control FAIL - Ten people killed and 44 wounded in Chicago over the weekend in gun controlled Chicago.
- Huh? Dems won't pass budget this year.
- Rent or own? An infographic.
- Mises: Carter's Energy Fascism