Headline Roundup (6/10/10)
Jun 10, 2010 at 11:20 AM
In the news:
- The culprit: Would you like to know who's really responsible for the BP oil spill? You can start by taking a look at the list of Congressmen who voted to limit the liability of oil companies back in 1990. Seriously.
- Ron Paul 2012? Jesse Benton says "there is a decent likelihood that he will" run for the Republicans' nomination in 2012. (Note: YAL does not endorse political candidates, only ideas.)
- The "libertarian" Drudge Report: check out Liberty Pulse.
- Freedom is popular! Hayek's Road to Serfdom #1 on Amazon. Read the shortened, comic book version here.
- Penn Jillette wishes more politicians would say what they believe and not just what they think we want to hear. (F-bomb alert: It's Penn- possibly not safe for work.)
- Hostilities with Mexico? FBI says Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol.
- Global politics and soccer: (excuse me- football)
- Interesting: "Contrary to popular belief, the ups and downs of romantic relationships have a greater effect on the mental health of young men than women, according to a new study by a Wake Forest University sociology professor."
- The College Tuition Bubble: Eight reasons to believe that one exists and is going to burst soon.
- Humor: This is literally a "kick ass" song.