I have mixed feelings on Intellectual Property (IP) Law and haven't read into it enough yet, but regardless of one's opinion, this is ridiculous:
Thinking about file-sharing? Don't....Thanks to the Mechanics blog at Gapers Block, here are seven crimes that will get you smaller fines than file-sharing [which gets you $2 million]:
1. Child abduction: the fine is only like $25000.
2. Stealing the actual CD: the fine is $2,500
3. Rob your neighbor: the fine is $375,000
4. Burn a house down: The fine is just over $375,000
5. Stalk someone: The fine is $175,000
6. Start a dogfighting ring: the fine is $50,000
7. Murder someone: The maximum penalty is only $25,000 and 15 years in jail, and depending on your yearly salary, would probably be far slighter a penalty that $2 million.
Killing someone is better than sharing music? Really? Really?!
Here, here, here, and here are some resources from the Mises Institute to learn more about IP and its unlibertarian downsides.